We are proud to say that U.P. Home Health and Hospice nurses are the best trained and the most expert home-based nurses in Marquette County. Our skilled nurses are focused on empowering you and getting you back to independent living.
Services are performed in the home by both Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs). RNs have primary responsibility for treatment and coordination of your care. They educate both you and your family about the your medical condition and monitor for important changes.
Our RNs communicate regularly with your primary physician, keeping them informed regarding your status and progress. Our RNs will also teach caregivers helpful skills to use after skilled home nursing is no longer needed.
Examples of care the RN provides in your home include:
- Set up an IV and operate medical equipment
- Surgical dressing changes
- Monitor wounds for signs of infection
- Manage prescribed medications
- Perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Monitor symptoms and teach your family signs to recognize and report
- Supervision of LPN’s and Aides
- Coordination of other health care services ordered for your home
LPN services in the home are typically more task-oriented. The LPN may:
- Take vitals signs – blood pressure, heart rate, temperature
- Give medications (oral and injections)
- Insert and manage catheters
- Change wound dressings
- Assist with hygiene
- Help you with range-of-motion or strengthening exercises
- Report changes in your status to the RN